- This event has passed.
DIAGNOSTIC ULTRASOUND PM FEBRUARY 27TH START DATE
DMS Start Date is February 27th!
Classes for CBD College‘s Diagnostic Ultrasound Technician program will begin February 27th, 2017. There is still time to enroll! Call us at 213-427-2200 or fill the form at right to get more information. Morning classes are available.
Morning Program: 9:00am – 1:00pm, Monday – Friday
Get trained and career ready in as little as 9 months! This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a field that is stable, rewarding and growing!
Why Should You Become a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer?
As of May 2014 the annual mean salary for Ultrasound Technologists in Southern California was $86,490, and job growth is expected to increase 46% through 2022!* There is a high demand for Ultrasound Technicians both domestically and abroad, so you will experience much versatility and flexibility during the course of your career. If would enjoy working side-by-side with physicians and radiologists and you enjoy a good challenge, this is the career choice for you!
In as little as 22 months, CBD College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography/UltrasoundAssociate Degree Program will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you will need to fulfill the responsibilities of an Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Ultrasound Technician.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers are responsible for many important tasks, including:
- Preparing patients for procedures and obtaining, reviewing, and integrating patient history and supporting clinical data
- Preparing and maintaining diagnostic imaging
- Performing appropriate ultrasound scanning examinations and procedures
- Recognizing the differences between normal and abnormal images and other diagnostic information
- Analyzing images and recording data for interpretation by a physician
- Recording findings and keeping track of patients’ records
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills with patients and other health care professionals, and act in an ethical and professional manner.
- Providing appropriate and compassionate patient care for patients undergoing ultrasound examinations
At CBD College we have day and night classes available to meet our busy students’ needs. We know it’s hard to earn a degree when you may also be juggling a job and a family, so we do what we can to make it easier for you with our flexible class schedules. CBD offers an imaging center that rivals that of any modern medical setting; dedicated faculty and staff; advanced, hands-on training; personalized, one-on-one tutoring; and employment assistance. At no extra cost to you, CBD will continue to offer employment assistance for the entire duration of your career, long after you’ve graduated!
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at CBD College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Joint-Review Commission on Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).