- This event has passed.
Wellness Wednesdays February 8th
February 8 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Beginning February 8th all of CBD College is welcome to attend Wellness Wednesdays!
Come to the Student Resource Center to relax through guided mediation and yoga. On the second Wednesday of every month from 2PM– 3PM, the Student Affairs team will be hosting a series of sequences aimed to combat stress and center the body and mind.
The sequences involve gentle movements, so participants can drop in for any session and still expect to gain some major benefits:
- Improve circulation and high blood pressure
- Release stressors and depression from the body
- Connect body, mind, and spirit
- Practice body awareness and self-reflection
- Feel strong and boost self- esteem
- Get out of your head and breathe
- Stay healthy and away from self-destructing behaviors
- Enhance focus and creativity
- Stimulate immune system
- Befriend who you are already
Anyone is welcome to check out the new space. Meditation and Yoga begs the learner to be present and allow permission to relax. Come dressed in comfortable clothes, ready to move and stretch. Participants are more than welcome to bring a mat or towel from home. The upcoming schedule is as follows:
February 8: Linear Sequence- Meaningful Centering
March 8: Sequence for Beginners
April 12: Sequence for Stress and Headaches
May 10: Sequence to Energize