Surgical Technology Program
Call 877-770-4CBD now or complete online application to get more information on this highly desired and in-demand program!
CBD College is Nationally Accredited by ACCET
The Surgical Technology Program is an 1500 hour Diploma comprehensive course of study that combines theory and clinical practice. The curriculum is designed to provide qualified individuals an opportunity to acquire the knowledge, attitudes and skills, which will enable them to become safe and competent practitioners of Surgical Technology. To become certified, graduates of the program must successfully complete the Examination conducted by the National Board of Surgical Technologists and Surgical Assistants (NBSTSA) formerly the Liaison Council for Certification of Surgical Technologists (LCC-ST).
The program prepares students for entry-level positions in a number of health care facilities including hospitals, medical centers, and public and private surgical centers. The program includes a mandatory 600 hour Surgical Technology Externship that must be completed prior to graduation.
Learn More about our Surgical Technology Program
Our Surgical Technology program is Accredited by ABHES
Why Become a Surgical Technologist?
- Fastest Growing Field of Employment
- Job Security
- Excellent Pay
- Work with Surgeons and Anesthesiologists and Nurses
- Rewarding and Fulfilling Opportunities
- Healthcare Benefits and More…
Why choose the Surgical Technology program at CBD?
- CBD gives you experience to become successful Surgical Tech.
- State of the art operating room
- Surgical Robot Training
- Mock surgeries
- Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- Day and Evening Classes
- Externships / Advanced Hospital Training
- Hands-on Training and Personal feel
- Federal Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
- Employment Assistance
Where Can I Work?
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Satellite Surgery Centers
- Physicians Offices
- Laser Centers
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Patient Psychology
- Surgical Instrumentation
- Biomedical Science
- Wound Closure
- Surgical Procedures
- Mock Surgery