- This event has passed.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT JULY 25th START DATE
July 25, 2016 - August 25, 2016
Classes for CBD College‘s Medical Assistant program will begin July 25th, 2016. There is still time to enroll!
Call us at 213-427-220 or fill the form at right to get more information. Morning and Evening options are available.
Morning Program: 9:00am – 1:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Evening Program: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
Get trained, certified and career ready in as little as 10 months! This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a field that is stable, rewarding and growing!
Why Should You Become a Medical Assistant?
Medical Assistants are in demand! As the Baby Boomer population ages, the need for qualified Medical Assistants has steadily risen to meet the demand. This means more job opportunities for you!
- Above-Average Job Growth: Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% from 2012 to 2022.*
- Excellent Pay: As of May 2015 the annual mean salary for Medical Assistants in California was $35,440.*
Ever wonder what it takes to be a Medical Assistant? Medical Assistants are trained in both administrative and clinical procedures of a health care facility. Due to their training in pharmacology, laboratory procedures, medical law, patient care, and the health sciences, Medical Assistants are able to meet a diverse range of roles within the healthcare setting, including:
- Take medical histories
- Prepare patients for examination
- Assist the Doctor during examination
- Explain medical procedures
- Administer medications
- Draw blood
- Remove stitches
- Perform basic lab tests
- Authorize drug refills (as directed by doctor)
- Take EKGs
- Record vital signs
As you can see this is a very extensive list, but it shows the wide variety of training someone may receive as a Medical Assistant student. The role of a Medical Assistant often means that one be working alongside doctors and other medical professionals daily. It is imperative that one be flexible, dedicated and open minded as they will be required to multitask on a regular basis.
Where Can I Work?
- Medical offices
- Urgent care centers
- Nursing homes
- Medical supply businesses
- Home health agencies
- Insurance providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
Anywhere you find doctors and other skilled medical professionals, you will find Medical Assistants at work right alongside them. They can’t do it without you!
Why Choose the Medical Assistant Program at CBD College?
- 41 Week Program
- Nationally Accredited by ABHES
- Day and Evening Classes
- Clinical experience in a variety of healthcare facilities
- State-of-the-art skills lab
- Classes forming every month
- Computer learning center
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Hands-on training and personal feel
- On-site Placement Department will assist you to find a job
- Federal Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
Call 213-472-2200 or fill out the form on the right to find out how you can become a Medical Assistant in as little as 10 months!