- This event has passed.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN JULY 28th START DATE
July 28, 2016 - August 28, 2016
Classes for CBD College‘s Pharmacy Technician program will begin July 28th, 2016. There is still time to enroll!
Call us at 213-427-220 or fill the form at right to get more information. Morning and Evening options are available.
Morning Program: 9:00am – 2:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
Evening Program: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
Get trained and career ready in as little as 9 months! This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a field that is stable, rewarding and growing!
Why Should You Become a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy Technicians are in demand! As the population ages and older people require more prescription medications, the need for qualified Pharmacy Technicians has steadily risen to meet the demand. This means more job opportunities for you!
- Above-Average Job Growth: Employment of Pharmacy Technicians is projected to grow 9% from 2014 to 2024.*
- Excellent Pay: As of May 2015 the annual mean wage for Pharmacy Technicians in California was $40,170.**
Ever wonder what it takes to be a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals. Pharmacy technicians can compound or mix medications and call physicians for prescription refill authorizations. Technicians also may need to operate automated dispensing equipment when filling prescription orders.
Pharmacy technicians working in hospitals and other medical facilities prepare a greater variety of medications, such as intravenous medications. They may make rounds in the hospital, giving medications to patients.
Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals and typically do the following:
- Collect information needed to fill a prescription from customers or health professionals
- Measure amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Package and label prescriptions
- Organize inventory and alert pharmacists to any shortages of medications or supplies
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Enter customer or patient information, including any prescriptions taken, into a computer system
- Answer phone calls from customers
- Arrange for customers to speak with pharmacists if customers have questions about medications or health matters
As you can see this is a very extensive list, but it shows the wide variety of training someone may receive as a Pharmacy Technician student. The role of a Pharmacy Tech means that one will be working alongside and under direct supervision of pharmacists
Where Can I Work?
- Retail Pharmacies
- Chain drugstores (CVS, Walgreen, Rite-Aid)
- Independent drugstores
- Mass-Merchandisers (Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, etc.)
- Home health care pharmacies
- Long term care pharmacies
- Clinic pharmacies
- Mail-order prescription pharmacies
- Pharmaceutical companies
Why Choose the Medical Assistant Program at CBD College?
- 9 Month/36 Week Program
- Nationally Accredited by ABHES
- Day and Evening Classes
- Clinical experience in a variety of pharmacy settings
- State-of-the-art pharmacy lab
- Classes forming every month
- Computer learning center
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Hands-on training and personal feel
- On-site Placement Department will assist you to find a job
- Federal Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
Call 213-472-2200 or fill out the form at right to find out how you can become a Pharmacy Technician in as little as 9 months!