- This event has passed.
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT APRIL 17TH START DATE
April 17, 2017
PTA Start Date is Monday, April 17th, 2017!
Classes for CBD College‘s Physical Therapy Assistant program will begin April 17th, 2017. There is still time to enroll! Call us at 213-427-2200 or fill out the form at the right to get more information.
Get trained and career ready in as little as 22 months! This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a field that is stable, rewarding and growing!
Why Should You Become a Physical Therapist Assistant?
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, your workday will never be boring. Physical Therapy Assistants work in challenging, exciting environments such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing facilities and clinics. Physical Therapy Assistants assist Physical Therapists with many important tasks, including:
- Helping patients who are recovering from injuries, illnesses and surgery to regain movement and manage pain.
- Being key players in a team that help people to become mobile again.
- Working in a variety of settings, from hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing facilities, private practices, clinics, schools, nursing homes, and more.
- Utilizing specific techniques and modalities, such as massage, ultrasound, hydrotherapy, stretching and other exercise methods to treat patients.
- Educating patients and family on treatment methods and providing recovery plans.
- Giving patients and their loved ones the tools to help themselves regain their independence and quality of living.
- Changing people’s lives for the better every day.
The demand for physical therapy services is expected to increase in response to the health needs of an aging population, particularly the large baby-boom generation. Employment of physical therapist assistants is expected to increase 41 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.*
In response to the growing job prospects and demand for PTA’s, CBD College has specifically designed an Associates Degree Physical Therapist Assistant program to prepare you for this challenging and rewarding career path and get you started towards your exciting future as soon as possible.
The accelerated pace of CBD College’s Physical Therapy Assistant program allows you to train to become a Physical Therapist Assistant without requiring that you put your busy life on hold for years while you study.
Our dedicated staff will help you to train in our state of the art labs and get experience working in any of our large affiliate network of clinical externships sites. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to take the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) and the California Law Examination (CLE)