CBD College Dental Assistant Program
Introducing CBD’s Dental Assistant Program!
CBD College advances its commitment to offer in-demand healthcare programs by announcing the addition of their new Dental Assistant Program. The 40-week program prepares graduates with a strong focus on hands-on training. It culminates in an externship in a modern-day dental office. CBD College invests in providing an intensive environment with cutting-edge dental technology to carry out general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. This leads to greater patient comfort and better accuracy. The first cohort is scheduled to start November 14, 2017.
Why Become a Dental Assistant (DA)?
- Demand for Dental Assistants is on the rise. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates an 18% increase in Dental Assistants jobs from 2014 to 2024.
- The baby-boom population ages and people keep more of their original teeth than previous generations.
- The need to maintain and treat teeth will continue to increase the need for dental assistants.
- Get trained and certified as a Dental Assistant in as little as 10 months.
- Being a Dental Assistant will allow for career advancement; become a tech, dental hygienist, or a dentist
- Clean, calm and professional work environments
- Flexible work opportunities and normal schedule hours.
DA Program Details at CBD College
- The DA program provides students with the basic knowledge and skills that will qualify them to work as entry-level Dental Assistants both chairside and front office in dental offices and clinics. Upon completion, graduates may work as a dental assistant under a licensed dentist as a vital part of the dental office team.
- The program focuses on tooth morphology, head and neck anatomy, primary and adult dentitions, infection control, dental radiography, preventive and specialty dentistry, and front office procedures. In the final module, students will participate in a 260-hour Dental Externship and gain practical on-the-job experience to supplement in-class experiences.
- Pending approval by the Dental Board of California graduates of the program will receive the following, graduates will have their dental radiography license, coronal polishing certificate, pit and fissure sealant certificate, infection control certificate, 2 hour Dental Practice Act Certificate, CPR certification, and will qualify to take the California Registered Dental Assistant exam to become a Registered Dental Assistant.
The college itself and the program are accredited and approved by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
“Our instructors have real-world experience with at least 2 years working in the dental field as an RDA. We also attend continuing education seminars to keep our RDA licenses current. This allows us to acquire current knowledge and practice techniques,” commented Program Director, Nicole Alvarez.
To view our recent posts and get inside look at the Dental Assistant Program at CBD College, head to our Facebook Page.
Why Study at CBD College?
- Benefit from a non-profit environment where experienced professionals and volunteers in the DA field dedicate countless hours of research and development to the program
- State of the art DA lab with brand new, industry-specific equipment
- Lifetime placement and career service assistance
- CBD College provides on the job experience in a wide variety of clinical settings
- Learn from dedicated instructors with extensive, real-world experience in the fields in which they teach
- Personalized attention to each student.
CBD College is a Non Profit Healthcare Career College that has been providing educational and career training services to the community for over 31 years. Since its foundation in 1982, CBD College has grown to become one of Los Angeles’ best Non Profit resources for healthcare career training and career advising for students of all nationalities, interests, and means.