Why You Should Become a Dental Assistant
100% Remote Learning!*
If you think you would enjoy providing patient care, taking x-rays, scheduling appointments, and more, then this is the perfect career choice for you!
In as little as 10 months, CBD College’s Dental Assistant program will provide you with the training, knowledge, and skills you need to start working side-by-side with Dentists in dental offices and clinics.
Why Choose the Dental Assistant Program at CBD College?
- Only 4 days a week: Monday – Thursday (10:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Advanced hands on training in our state-of-the art Dental Lab
- Wide variety of Externship opportunities
- Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- Federal Financial Aid available to those who qualify
- Career services department will help you with job placement for the duration of your career—long after graduation
- Personalized/1-on-1 tutoring
*In response to COVID-19 classes offered via remote learning. Residential lab and externship training required for program completion.
Dental Assistants are in Demand!
Dental Assistant job growth is expected to increase 18% through 2024!*
As the baby boomer population ages and people keep more of their original teeth than previous generations, the need to maintain and treat teeth will continue to increase the need for dental assistants.
What You Will Do as a Dental Assistant
Today’s Dental Assistants are responsible for many important tasks, including:
- Preparing patients for treatments and procedures
- Processing x-rays and completing lab tasks, under the direction of a dentist
- Sterilizing dental instruments
- Helping dentists by handing them instruments during procedures
- Instructing patients in proper oral hygiene
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Working with patients on billing and payment
Where You Can Work
- Private dental offices
- Dental schools
- Public health settings
The Dental Assistant Program at CBD College has been granted PROVISIONAL Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) approval by the Dental Board of California effective July 11, 2018. The Board has granted provisional approval with the intention of revisiting the College within one year of the approval date; however, the provisional approval is valid until the Board revisits the College. Graduates of the program are now eligible to take the RDA licensure exam. The Board will re-evaluate the program in approximately one year to determine whether full approval should be recommended.