Why You Should Become a Medical Assistant
If you like to work side-by-side with physicians in a variety of work environments, this is the career for you! As the Baby Boomer population ages, there is a higher need for qualified Medical Assistants and more job opportunities for you.
In just 41 weeks you’ll graduate CBD College as a Medical Assistant and will be trained to work in a growing and rewarding position as a valued member of a team.
Los Angeles is one of the top metropolitan areas for Medical Assistant jobs in the country!
Why Choose the Medical Assistant Program at CBD College?
- 41 Week Program
- Nationally Institutionally Accredited by ABHES
- Clinical experience in a variety of healthcare facilities
- State-of-the-art skills lab
- Computer learning center
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Hands-on training and personal feel
- Federal Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
- Career services department will help you with job placement for the duration of your career—long after graduation
Medical Assistants are in Demand!
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% from 2016 to 2026*
As the Baby Boomer population ages, the need for qualified Medical Assistants has steadily risen to meet the demand. This means more job opportunities for you!
- Train in a professional setting using state-of-the-art computer technology
- Clinical externships that give you the chance to work in the real world medical profession
What You Will Do as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks for physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners. They perform many important duties, including:
- Taking patient histories and measuring vital signs
- Helping the physician with patient examinations
- Giving patient injections as directed by the physician
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing blood for laboratory tests
Where You Can Work
- Physicians’ Offices
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Medical Specialist Offices
- Industrial Health Care
- Urgent Care Facilities
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers