Why You Should Become a Medical Assistant
If you like to work side-by-side with physicians in a variety of work environments, this is the career for you! As the Baby Boomer population ages, there is a higher need for qualified Medical Assistants and more job opportunities for you.
In just 41 weeks you’ll graduate CBD College as a certified Medical Assistant and will be trained to work in a growing and rewarding position as a valued member of a team.
Los Angeles is one of the top metropolitan areas for Medical Assistant jobs in the country!
Why Choose the Medical Assistant Program at CBD College?
- 41 Week Program
- Nationally Accredited by ABHES
- Clinical experience in a variety of healthcare facilities
- State-of-the-art skills lab
- Computer learning center
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Hands-on training and personal feel
- On-site placement department will assist you to find a job
- Federal Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
Medical Assistants are in Demand!
- As of May 2017 the annual mean salary for Medical Assistants in California was $36,630*
- Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% from 2016 to 2026**
As the Baby Boomer population ages, the need for qualified Medical Assistants has steadily risen to meet the demand. This means more job opportunities for you!
- Train in a professional setting using state-of-the-art computer technology
- Clinical externships that give you the chance to work in the real world medical profession
What You Will Do as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks for physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners. They perform many important duties, including:
- Taking patient histories and measuring vital signs
- Helping the physician with patient examinations
- Giving patient injections as directed by the physician
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing blood for laboratory tests
Where You Will Work
- Physicians’ Offices
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Medical Specialist Offices
- Industrial Health Care
- Urgent Care Facilities
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers