Why should you become an MRI Technologist?
If you enjoy the idea of working side-by-side with physicians and radiologists and you enjoy a good challenge in a technologically advanced field, this is the career choice for you!
In as little as 11 months the Online Diploma in MRI Program that follows the ARRT Post-primary Pathway (open to ARRT, ARDMS, and NMTCB registered technologists), will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you will need to fulfill the responsibilities of a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist.
Why choose the MRI Technologist Program at CBD College?
- Advanced hands on training in a wide variety of Externship clinical sites
- Asynchronous online instruction, available 24/7 for all didactic courses, offers great flexibility
- No exposure to ionizing radiation
- A constantly evolving and improving diagnostic imaging technology
- MRI has the ability to show extremely detailed sectional and 3D images of soft tissues and to perform vascular studies even without the use of contrast agents
- Dedicated and Experienced Faculty and Staff
- Employment Assistance
- Federal Financial Aid available to those who qualify
- Personalized/1-on-1 tutoring
MRI Technologist are in demand!
- As of May 2017 the annual mean salary for MRI Technologists in California was $87,520*
- Job growth is expected to increase 12% through 2026!*
- There is a high demand for MRI Technologists both in State, nationwide, and abroad, so you will be able to experience great versatility and flexibility during the course of your career.
What will I be doing as an MRI Technologist?
Today’s MRI Technologists are responsible for many important tasks, including:
- Preparing patients for procedures and obtaining, reviewing, and integrating patient history and supporting clinical data
- Preparing and maintaining diagnostic imaging equipment
- Performing appropriate MRI scanning examinations and procedures
- Recognizing the differences between normal and abnormal tissues in the obtained images and other diagnostic information
- Analyzing images and recording data for interpretation by a radiologist
- Recording findings and keeping track of patients’ records
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills with patients and other health care professionals, and acting in an ethical and professional manner
Where you will have job opportunities
- Private and Public Hospitals
- Medical imaging centers
- Diagnostic Clinics
- Doctors’ offices
- Outpatient care centers
- Higher education institutions
- Research field
The Online Diploma MRI Program is accredited by ABHES and follows the ARRT Post-primary Pathway