Inside Look at New AAS MRI Program: ARRT Primary Pathway
CBD College Prepares to Launch New AAS MRI Program
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program at CBD is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and is recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). CBD College’s Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program offers two different pathways and modality of instruction:
- Online Diploma MRI Program: ARRT Post-Primary Pathway
- AAS MRI Program: ARRT Primary Pathway.
We believe that our curriculum, the combined experience of our instructors, and strong clinical sites enhance the training efforts of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Programs.
If you enjoy the idea of working side-by-side with physicians and radiologists and you also enjoy a good challenge in a technologically advanced field, this is the career choice for you! Read about the two different pathways below.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in MRI Program: ARRT Primary Pathway
In as little as 17 months, the AAS in MRI Program that follows the ARRT Primary Pathway will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you will need to fulfill the responsibilities of a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist. The AAS MRI Program is accredited by ABHES and recognized by ARRT (Primary Pathway).
The AAS MRI Program awards its students an Associates in Applied Science in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
The student on externship will be assigned and directly supervised in a Magnetic Resonance Imaging facility such as a hospital, clinic or imaging center. The student will be introduced to the clinical setting and departmental organization. Under direct supervision by a supervising MRI technologist or supervising physician, and the school’s Clinical Coordinator, the student will begin to acquire the hands-on skills necessary for the MRI technologist in a clinical site. This is accomplished through observation and active participation in clinical case studies of patients undergoing MRI examinations.
- Eligible applicants: any student 17 years old or older, having at least a High School or GED Diploma
- Duration: 64 weeks (16-17 months), divided into 4 modules of 16 weeks each.
- Total clock hours: 1,816 hours of which 1,152 hours of clinical externship (24 hours/week)
Why choose the MRI Technologist Program at CBD College?
- Advanced hands-on training in a wide variety of Externship clinical sites
- Asynchronous online instruction, available 24/7 for all didactic courses, offers great flexibility
- No exposure to ionizing radiation
- A constantly evolving and improving diagnostic imaging technology
- MRI has the ability to show extremely detailed sectional and 3D images of soft tissues and to perform vascular studies even without the use of contrast agents
- Dedicated and Experienced Faculty and Staff
- Employment Assistance
- Federal Financial Aid available to those who qualify
- Personalized/1-on-1 tutoring
MRI Technologist are in demand!
· As of May 2017 the annual mean salary for MRI Technologists in California was $87,520*
· Job growth is expected to increase 14% through 2026!*
· There is a high demand for MRI Technologists both in State, nationwide, and abroad, so you will be able to experience great versatility and flexibility during the course of your career.
What will I be doing as an MRI Technologist?
· Preparing patients for procedures and obtaining, reviewing, and integrating patient history and supporting clinical data
· Preparing and maintaining diagnostic imaging equipment
· Performing appropriate MRI scanning examinations and procedures
· Recognizing the differences between normal and abnormal tissues in the obtained images and other diagnostic information
· Analyzing images and recording data for interpretation by a radiologist
· Recording findings and keeping track of patients’ records
· Demonstrating excellent communication skills with patients and other healthcare professionals and acting in an ethical and professional manner
Where will you have job opportunities?
· Private and Public Hospitals
· Medical imaging centers
· Diagnostic Clinics
· Doctors’ offices
· Outpatient care centers
· Higher education institutions
· Research field
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook 2017 and Projections Central – State Occupational Projections.
Call 213-472-2200 or fill out the form on the right to find out how you can earn your Associates in Applied Science in Magnetic Resonance Imaging in as little as 17 months! Our next start date is July 9th, 2018.